Format: 8 single-serving powder sachets per box
Flavours: Orange and Tropical Punch (No artificial colouring)
WHAT IS ELECTROLYTE GASTRO®?
When you get sick, the essential minerals and electrolytes lost due to diarrhea and vomiting can’t be replaced by water alone. Restore your body’s natural fluids with Electrolyte Gastro®, a balanced solution effective for the treatment of dehydration due to diarrhea, vomiting in adults and children or heavy sweating.
Available in a convenient single-serving sachet format that makes it easy to keep handy whether at home or on the go. Electrolyte Gastro® is available in two flavours: Orange and Tropical Punch.
- Balanced solution to restore essential fluids/body water, electrolytes and minerals lost through diarrhea, vomiting, heavy sweating which can be caused by fever, hot or dry environment, strenuous/vigorous or prolonged exercise.
- Convenient single-serving, travel-ready powder sachets.
- No artificial colouring.
- Can be refrigerated for up to 72 hours after reconstitution.
Simply dissolve the contents of 1 sachet of powder in 200 mL of clean, preferably cool or cold drinking water, stir well and drink immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 72 hours (3 days). Dispose of any unused portion. Do not boil the solution.
Store the box and sachets at room temperature in a dry place.
Orange and Tropical Punch Flavours
Medicinal Ingredients: Glucose, Trisodium citrate, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride.
When dissolved in 200 mL of water, each sachet provides:
Chloride: 12.0 mEq
Citrate: 6.0 mEq
Glucose: 3.58 g
Potassium: 4.0 mEq
Sodium: 12.1 mEq
Non-medicinal Ingredients (alphabetical order): Orange Flavour, Sodium Saccharin. No artificial colouring.
Tropical Punch Flavour
Non-medicinal Ingredients (alphabetical order): Sodium Saccharin, Tropical Punch Flavour. No artificial colouring.
Dehydration associated with vomiting and diarrhea: Dissolve the contents of 1 sachet in 200 mL of cool or cold water.
Dosage: The following is a general guide. Health Care Professionals may provide different regimens.
Children under 2 years old: Consult a physician before use.
Children 2 to 13 years old: 50-100 mL per kg (2.2 lbs.) of body weight per 24 hours. Above 13 years: 100-200 mL per kg (2.2 lbs.) of body weight per 24 hours. Should be taken in small, frequent and slowly administered amounts, until thirst is satisfied. Adults can typically drink 2 to 3.5 L depending on thirst.
Children 4 to 9 years old: 1 to 6 sachets per day.
Children 10 years and over and Adults: 1 to 7 sachets per day. Drink frequently.
Dehydration associated with heavy sweating due to fever, hot or dry environment, strenuous/vigorous or prolonged exercise: Dissolve the contents of 1 sachet in 300 mL of cool or cold water.
For oral administration only. Should never be ingested in its powder form. This product provides 288 mg of Sodium per sachet. Not to be combined with other sports or electrolyte drinks.
Contact a Healthcare Professional:
- Prior to use in children under 2 years old
- If diarrhea persists beyond 24 hours and if diarrhea is accompanied by a persistent fever;
- Prior to use if symptoms of dehydration, vomiting or diarrhea are severe;
- Prior to or during treatment if the following symptoms occur: puffy eyelids, dizziness, fast heartbeat, irritability, muscle twitching, restlessness, swelling of feet or lower legs, weakness, changes to blood pressure, bloody or mucus-like stools or seizure;
- Prior to use in frail patients of advanced age;
- Prior to use in patients with chronic illness (e.g. diabetes mellitus) at risk from secondary complications.
Do not use if you have kidney problems, severe dehydration with symptoms of shock, diabetes mellitus in which blood sugar is difficult to regulate, the inability to drink, or a gastro-intestinal condition (e.g. intestinal obstruction, paralysis of the intestine or perforated bowel). If mild vomiting occurs at the beginning of oral therapy, stop the therapy for 10 minutes and then continue to slowly administer the solution in small amounts. If you have any unexpected side effects while taking Electrolyte Gastro®, contact your doctor or pharmacist.